Posted on Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Stupid question, and the response is amazing
- Guy seeking advice: My wife has purchased several toys, and now states that she is no longer sexually attracted to me.
- I don't know how often she pleases herself, but we have now gone three months without sex and with very little physical contact. Is she choosing her toys over me?
- Ruth Westheimer: This appears to be a "chicken or egg" situation. I would seriously doubt that if you two already had a great relationship and sex life, she'd prefer to masturbate with a machine. If she wasn't having orgasms when having sex with you, and you weren't doing all you could to help her, then that could be part of the problem.
- If you two aren't getting along, then that also could lead to her not wanting to have sex with you.
- Clearly there is a problem, but you haven't told me enough that I can offer advice. And perhaps you are clueless as to the cause as well, and so you need to work on finding out what exactly is wrong. You two need to have a serious conversation or else see a marriage counselor.